• The process is carried out in much the same way as (or very similarly to) silver plating.
• B. subtilis yields scarcely any glycerol.
• Calcium carbonate is hardly affected by heat at ...
• In the nonhardenable 400 series grades, little can be done to dissolve carbides.
• Often it is next to (or almost) impossible to guarantee ...
• There is scarcely any air to disperse pollutants.
• Rarely, if ever, is a large body of data collected and suddenly explained at a stroke by an inspired theory.
• When the pituitary was excised, the animal returned to near-normal behaviour.
• The attraction of bodies to the Earth is closely proportional to the mass of the body.
• Its activity will be very nearly equal to its pressure.
• The strength of the wave field in the nebula would be approximately 10-4 gauss, just about the value required earlier to explain ...
почти так же, как
• It seemed reasonable to suppose that life could have originated on Mars much as it had on the Earth.
• In elastic scattering the target particle recoils much as if it were a ...
почти такой же
• Relative acid strength is very nearly (or almost) the same in these solvents as it is in water.
• Backlash can occur in any part of the system, with much the same ...
• Coal microscopy technique depends almost entirely on the use of thin sections of coal.
. вследствие этого; следовательно
• It is not surprising, then, that ...
• Much of the light is directed upward and so is lost.
• Thus we can ...
поэтому считают, что
• This has led many people to believe that the environmental agents responsible for cancer are chemicals that we inhale or ingest.
. возникновение; образование; приводить к появлению; с момента его появления; с появлением
• This ...
. в ближайшем будущем появится; возникать; образовываться
• A thriving cottage industry supplying computer programs has ...
• True (enough), these enzymes are themselves made by way of ...
• If this model is realistic (or true, or approaches reality), it explains how ...
. наиболее вероятный
• A reasonable (or likely, or plausible) explanation is that all of the four processes melted the earth.
• The theory offers a valid ...
• Present practice does not (or Present rules, or regulations do not) permit more than 1700 grams of uranium in ...
• Careful observation of the do's and dont's (жарг.) ...
см. выводить правило; как общее правило; как правило; нарушать правило; соблюдение правил; ...
• These items would be more properly (or correctly) classified as ...
• See that the "earth" is properly (or correctly) connected.
• This phenomenon could be realistically explained only on the basis of ...
• If the modes are selected ...
• The dimensions of a regularly shaped room (or of a room of regular shape) ...
• The validity (or correctness) of this substitution is obvious.
• The excellent agreement between experiment and theory supported the validity of the model.