• The most pronounced (or The strongest) effect occurs in aromatic compounds.
• Advanced molecular orbital theory provides the best bonding description of O2.
• Most up-to-date techniques are used here.
• Comets are at their brightest when near the Sun's position in the sky.
• When the attractive and the repulsive interactions are in balance ...
• High-order asymmetry errors must frequently be balanced out over the whole field.
• With a cold chisel, knock off the rivet head.
сбивать с толку
• The terminology applied to neoplasms can be confusing.
• The rate law can be misleading in determining mechanisms.
• To start the arc the carbons are brought together for a short time.
• If two atoms are brought close together, they ...
• Work must be done on the molecular pair to pull ...
• The molecules approach each other.
• As a result, these two elements are brought into proximity.
• Before two HC1 molecules can approach closely enough for interaction to ...
• The isolating switch is interlocked with the cubicle door handle.
. вид сбоку
• The switch is on the side of the machine.
• The ripping head discharges coal into an intermediate conveyor.
• The ore is released through a chute into the skip.
• A portion of the air was vented to atmosphere.
сбрасывать в отвал
• Before the treated concentrates are finally discarded, they may be ground in a ball mill.
сбрасывать на нуль
• This pulse resets the device to zero.
• The logic device must be reset (to zero) at the end of each machine cycle.
• Reports were received of six different spills of oil into inland rivers and lakes.
• A weld-fabricated (or welded) machine bed occupies a floor space of ...
. большое количество данных; данные; знание; значительное количество сведений о; из ... можно ...
сведены в таблицу
• A number of the more useful relations have been summarized (or collected) in Table 4.
см. высверливать; просверлить глухое отверстие в стенке
• The burner bodies are drilled and tapped for (or to receive) a 1/2 in. standard pipe oil line.
• Then x0 increases beyond a critical value.
• The excess of the transferred energy over and above what is required to detach the electron ...
• The lens speed ...
• Safe operation is enhanced by fail-safe circuitry.
• Extra-low temperature enamels ... under development.
• Ultra-high-strength alloys ...
• Ultrastrong steel ...
• Ultrafast tensile testing machines ...
• Ultra-high-speed automatic machines ...
. вид сверху; выходящий снизу; если смотреть сверху; приближаться к ... снизу
• Materials feed onto the belt ...
. в направлении вниз
• The degree of interaction of different organisms in the community increases from the top down.
• The three photographic layers ...
USAGE: снизу (антон. сверху) колонки
• The gas is introduced at the bottom (антон. top) of the column.
• A gram of ultrapure natural bee venom ...
• The device is supersensitive to temperature changes.
• A reliable ultrasensitive counting system.
• Kepler checked the theory against the observations and found the concordance very good.
см. в свете; испускать свет; при свете; проливать свет на; пропускать свет
• The Moon outshines Jupiter in the deep night.
• The coating on the end of the tube will fluoresce under the impact of the electrons ...
• The neon signal light glows only when current is on.
• Phosphorus has the ...
• The oil should be light coloured for clear viewing of the work.
• The ions strike a fluorescent screen producing a luminous spot.
. о чём свидетельствует
• Newton, whose continuing allegiance to corpuscularism is repeatedly attested by his letters ...
• A clustering around this limit ...
свинчивать гайку с
• Remove (or Unscrew) the nuts from the bolts (or Screw the nuts off the bolts).
• The designer has unlimited freedom in choosing an architecture to suit his needs.
• The rams of the power-control receiver freely (or are free to) travel backwards and forwards.
свободно входить в
• The chisel has a shank which fits loosely into the ram of the pneumatic hammer.
• The molecules are free to move in this volume.
• The prothorax is often freely movable.
• The molecules move freely about.
• One end of the lever is free to oscillate (or freely oscillates) in a suitable pivot.
• Grinding wheels should fit freely on their spindles.
• The piston above the valve disk fits loosely in its cylinder.
• The ring should be a loose fit on the pipe.
• The furnace should be perfectly clear of foul gases.
• This air is dust free.
• The tests indicate that these parts are free from (or of) defects.
• The dielectric oil ...
• Whenever a space vehicle is in free coast (or is coasting) ...
сводить в таблицу
• The data are accumulated in Table 6-5 ...
• The results are summarized in the table.
• Properties of these alloys are tabulated below.
• The new process holds warpage to 0.032 in.
• This principle reduces the problem of centroid location to that of two points.
• This substitution reduces the integral to ...
сводить к классам
• In most point groups, symmetry operations can be organized into classes.
сводить к минимуму
• The silicone fluid's resistance to oxidation keeps maintenance to a minimum.
• The oxide preparation was closely controlled to minimize the chlorides.
• Setup times are ...
сводить к нулю
• The extra machining and handling costs would negate (or nulify) the steel's advantages.
• The resulting elliptical orbit reduced the symmetrical ...
сводить на конус
• Hand reamers are tapered slightly on the end to facilitate ...
сводить на нет
• The small advantages conferred by these methods are often offset (or reduced to zero) by increased contamination.
• Liquid quenching of air-hardened steels is a serious ...
• Under these conditions Eq. () reduces to α = (+1) + 4bτ1/χ2e.
• The investigation amounts (or boils down) to finding out the causes of ... ...
сводиться к минимуму
• Wear of the thread is minimized (or is reduced to a minimum) since the only load placed on ... is the constant weight of the spindle itself.
сводиться к нулю
• Cohesion is greatest in fine clays and diminishes to nothing (or vanishes) [or reduces (or goes) to zero] in sand.
• It is timely (or appropriate) at this point to express ...
• Venus has continents of a sort.
• Protenoid microspheres have a surface membrane of sorts.
• They decided to go to the glaciers and see the evidence first-hand.
. особый; собственный
• Long before the rise of copper metallurgy prehistoric Europe had an advanced mining technology all its own.
• Such particles have ...
• To avoid the interference inherent in (or typical of, or characteristic of ) combustion methods, ...
. наделять свойством; особенность; отличительная черта; придавать свойства; улучшенные ...
• Diamagnetism is a property exhibited by substances with a negative magnetic susceptibility.
. и более; сверх
• The sheet is not recommended for applications in which temperatures in excess of (or above, or exceeding) 50°C are required.
• More than 300 ...
. быть связанным с
• This subfraction binds to the tissue DNA (биол.).
• These stars are bound by mutual attraction.
• The two carbon atoms are linked to ...
• A number of difficult problems centre around these processes.
связан с большими трудностями
• The direct measurement of temperature behind the shock front still presents (or involves) severe difficulties.
• The study of an organism that cannot be readily maintained ...
связан с трудностями
. представлять затруднения
• This process involves (or presents) (some) difficulties (or problems).
• Each new problem poses its own unique ...
• The corresponding clay-bonded material is known as quartzite.
см. быть связанным с; жёстко связан; занимающийся; прочно связан с
• To risk the possible frustrations attendant upon ...
связанный с ним
• Pumps and allied equipment ...
• The board is used in the building and allied industries.
• The welding heads (their) associated transformers ...
• The basic mining ...
связанный с этим
• It is very difficult to remove radioactive material once it is fixed inside the body, and the ensuing hazard depends very little on ...
• The chains are bound together by aluminium atoms.
• All three angles are related by the following equation: ...
связаны друг с другом
• We need to know how these properties are related to each other.
• The two conductivities are related by the law ...
• This bond serves as a coupling agent (or a connecting link) between different metabolic processes.
• Some of the spikes have been associated with disturbances on the Sun.
• The theory of wings relates the drag to the aspect ratio.
• This quantity relates the area of a ...
• The solute particles tie up the solvent solute-solvent clusters.
связывать друг с другом
• The six types of chemical bonds that hold atoms to each other are covalent, polar covalent, coordinate covalent and ... bonds.
• Absolute dating has enabled geologists to relate the history of the earth to that of the other planets of the solar system.
• The odor we associate with a substance is ...
• The phenomenon of oxidation was closely associated with oxygen in the early days of chemistry.
• Colon cancer has been linked by some studies to dietary practices.
• The ...
связывающий ... с
• So far the only evidence linking the optical object with the binary pulsar system is ...
см. двусторонняя связь
см. нарушать связи; образование поперечных связей; разрыв связей; ...
связь между клетками
• The biochemical apparatus of the cell membrane is responsible for cell-to-cell communication.
• The association of specific ions with the several phases of the action potential has been demonstrated.
• The association between skin cancer and exposure to sunlight was ...
• Some volcanoes produce incandescent ash flows.
• The Orion Nebula is a huge cloud of luminous dust and gas.
• The anode is made of a fluorescent material.
• Smoothing off welds on the engine nose sections ...
• Edges of rivet holes should be smoothed off with a file.
• A scored cylinder may be smoothed up by stoning.
• To feather out small scratches a spot blast mode is ...
• The length of the tungsten electrodes when new is 4 in., and they can be burnt away until a length of 1 in. remains.
• In "functional layout", all machines are grouped together into sections.
• All controls are conveniently grouped together on this truck.
• These molluscs are commonly grouped together in the family Cardiidae.
• The solution thickens into a gelled material.
сдавать в скрап
• The faulty cylinder should be discarded or sent back for replacement of the valve.
• If the part cannot be repaired, it should be scrapped.
сдавать в эксплуатацию
• This will depend upon how rapidly aircraft are introduced into service (or enter service).
• To get the aircraft into airline service in 1985, ...
см. большой шаг на пути к
сдвигаться с места
• Make sure that the micrometer anvil was not moved out of position while the set screw was being tightened.
сдвинут по фазе
• The plot for star would be mutually displaced in phase by half a period.
• The current is phase shifted.
• The problem arises when you have to decide (or choose) between several machines all designed to do the same type of job.
• It may be inferred that the standards were reproducible within ±0.15μm.
• We can conclude (or draw, or make a conclusion) that the system is a very effective low-pass ...
• The operating line may be distorted by local vaporization of the solvent sufficiently to invalidate the method.
см. возвращаться в седло; садиться на седло
см. в середине 80-х годов; помещённый в центре
. ряд; тип
• The first in a succession of pioneering storage-ring projects at Novosibirsk was completed in 1965.
• The error signal may be transmitted as a sequence of ...
• Buffeting flutter of a wing is a problem of great concern [or a serious (or grave) problem] in transonic flight.
серьёзное влияние на
• Interstitial displacements may have profound (or serious) effects on crystal properties.
• Such a structure has the grave (or material) practical disadvantage (or drawback) that ...
см. работающий от сети
. в сечении А-А; квадратного сечения; круглого сечения
• Section through liquid receiver (in a drawing).
. подвергаться натяжению или сжатию
• The contraction of specimens when the vacancies are annealed ...
• Carbon dioxide is manufactured by (the) burning (of) high-purity fuels.
• Carbon dioxide is prepared by the combustion of carbon in air or ...
• Charcoal is prepared by ...
• This lubricant does not thin out excessively up to 200°F.
• Air is compressed until the piston reaches the top of the stroke.
• The "island" domains suddenly contract into the small circles we call bubbles.
• If stretched rubber ...
сжиматься и расширяться
• The metal contracted and expanded with temperature changes.
• The Earth may shrink or expand as a whole.
• The engine of a large bus may be placed in (or at) the rear.
• The connecting box is mounted on the rear of the main case.
• The bellows is back of the ...
. затухание сигнала; ослабление сигнала; поймать сигнал; принимать сигнал
• Visual and audible signals.
см. в силу необходимости; развивать силу; сохранять силу
сила земного тяготения
• The force of gravity (or of the Earth).
• The (Earth's) gravitation force.
• The pull of (the Earth's) gravity on a body ...
• Most plating equipment cannot operate at amperages [or current intensities (or strengths)] needed to maintain ...
сила, действующая вверх
USAGE: сила, действующая вниз (вверх)
• When the downward force exceeds the upward force, ...
сила, действующая вниз
USAGE: сила, действующая вниз (вверх)
• When the downward force exceeds the upward force, ...
• It is assumed that molecular forces operate (or act) only through fixed centres of molecules.
• A powerful jet of water ...
• A high-pressure jet stream of oil coolant ensures ...
. в значительной степени; резко
• The tinning pots have become badly (or severely) contaminated with iron.
• The signals were heavily attenuated. ...
• These treatments markedly (or significantly, or drastically, or strongly, or heavily, or badly, or dramatically) affected the animal's later behaviour.
сильно зависеть от
• The future of laser application will depend critically (or crucially, or highly, or strongly, or heavily) on the time required for ...
• The velocities of rotation of Venus and Mercury have been grossly changed (or profoundly altered) by the tidal friction of the Sun.
• These studies will be severely hampered by ...
• This characteristic would interfere drastically with free unwinding.
сильно отличаться по
. резко отличаться
• The eyes of these animals differ dramatically (or greatly) in size.
• The molecules differ widely in molecular weight and ...
сильно отражаться на
• The increased band gap has severe (or dramatic, or profound) effects on the behaviour of ...
• The interstellar dust does not heavily (or strongly) absorb ...
• Such a surface becomes highly susceptible (or subject) to attack by fatigue or stress corrosion.
. большое влияние
• The electrode material may have a profound (or dramatic) effect on the arc characteristics.
• Glucocorticoids have potent (or strong) ...