|не принимать сигнал
• Black and white TV receivers are blind to the chrominance sideband signals.
не проявляя признаков
• All the newborn infants touched and grasped real objects without any sign of being disturbed.
• That mine was a cassiterite producer but is (now) inactive.
• The tide gauge was inoperative during two storms.
• This compound boils undecomposed (or without decomposing) at 270°C.
• This is faster than a neutron star could rotate without breaking apart.
не реагировать на
• Calcium carbonate is almost completely unreactive to hydrogen sulphide.
• The material is unresponsive to a magnetic field.
не реагировать с
• Most of the non-metals show no reaction (or do not react) with water.
• Calcium has no reaction with alkalis.
• The patients suffered from diseases of the alimentary tract where oral feeding is ill advised (or is discouraged).
• "Chameleon" is a common name applied to two unrelated groups of lizards.
не родственный ему
• Electrical measurements play a major role even in such unrelated fields as medicine.
не самый маловажный из
• Not least among these questions is the nature of the earth immediately after its formation.
не связаны между собой
• In the lower classes of vertebrates, cortical and medullary adrenals are divorced from each other.
не следует путать с
• An EMF-generating selenium cell (not to be confused with a device that changes resistance in response to light) has ...
• "Fine" silver should not be confused with London ...
не слишком отличаться от
• Our simple "working" models are not too far removed (or too different) from those of our colleagues of the past.
• These devices are not entirely (or not quite) adequate for ...
не совсем точно называют
• The response to seasonal changes in the length of the day is sometimes loosely called photoperiodism.
не совсем ясно
• Why such a plume is initiated in any particular area has been something of a mystery (is unknown, or is not known).
не согласовываться с
• These conclusions are at variance (or do not agree) with those of previous workers.
• This is inconsistent with the data of Run No. 9.
• This concept is not reconcilable ...
• The lunar rocks are waterless, hydrogen-poor and free of (or from) organic matter.
• One fraction lacked two polypeptides of molecular weight 48,000 and 37,000.
• Cells deprived of amino acids ...
• Producing sulphur dioxide free from (or containing no) impurities ...
• A copper-free (or copperless) aluminium alloy ...
. абсолютно не соответствовать; совершенно не соответствовать
• The experimental evidence is inconsistent with the ...
• A potential difference will appear between the ends not in contact.
• Antimatter out of contact with ordinary matter would be stable.
• If the emergency cooling systems should fail to function, ...
не сталкиваясь с
• These particles can travel far enough without colliding with other particles.
• These factors do not offer opportunities for improvement of ...
• These tree species are not found elsewhere in the region.
• All of these elements are either very rare or nonexistent in nature.
• The ...
. если не считать; за исключением; кроме; минус
• But for a few substances, the state of the art has not advanced sufficiently.
см. а на самом деле это не так; если это не так
не так уж
• Fortunately, the rocks are not all that complex.
не такой сильный
• Chlorite is not as strong an oxidizing agent as sodium hypochlorite.
. а не только
• It is not the mere attainment of low temperatures that stimulates attempts to achieve them.
• The new cooling systems do more than speed the heat ...
не только ... , но и
• Thus the histories may be compared not only between regions on a given continent, but between continents as well.
• Not only do these histone modifications occur at specific ...
• A high degree of precision is not warranted (or needed, or necessary) here ...
не увенчаться успехом
• Such attempts have not met with success (or have not been successful, or have been unsuccessful, or have failed).
• Early attempts to understand the properties of matter by solving the wave equation fared poorly (or have not met with success).
• With a laser, this approach fails.
не удивительно, что
• It comes as no surprise (or It is not surprising) that ...
• Small (or No) wonder that we have witnessed an enormous increase in scientific knowledge of ...
• After such ...
• The explosive force moves so fast that air has no time to leave the die.
• Sorbite is a form of pearlite in which the iron carbide has not had time (or has not managed) to ...
• The output of the machine is highly competitive with that of a motorized scraper.
• Copper is as good as mercury for the reduction of sorbic acid.
• The capacitance ...
. без учёта; игнорировать; не принимать во внимание; пренебрегать
• No account has been taken in this calculation of ...
• The higher harmonics are disregarded [or are not taken into consideration (or account)] here.
• Amplitude variations are ignored by such systems.
• Periodic fluctuations ...
не ущемляя интересов
• The salt imported with irrigation waters should be exported without harming the interests of water users downstream.
• Vegetable proteins are deficient in amino acid lysine.
• The smokeless coals are in short supply.
• It wanted but a few days before he should ...
• A number of details ...
не центруется с
• If the milling spindle is off-centre relative to the workpiece, ...
см. редко бывает, чтобы; редко встречаться; редко случаться
не что иное как
• These furnaces are nothing more nor less than (or nothing but, or simply) ovens lined with ...
• However, how the stimulus produces the generator potential is not understood.
• What function this element played was not evident (or clear).
• The Moon is the only heavenly (or celestial) body that is not self-luminous.
неблагоприятно влиять на
. отрицательно влиять на
• Such generators are adversely affected by wide temperature changes.
• For applications where large clamps would be ...
• This provides reliable electrical power under adverse (or unfavourable) flight conditions.
• If the temperature falls below 1300 K, two adverse factors develop: ...
. на небольшой глубине
• At shallow depths ...
• The common cockle is found at moderate depths.
• These fishes are of small size (or are small in size).
• The sun is a modest-sized member of a family of some 100 billion stars which make up our galaxy.
• The igneous rocks and metamorphic rocks, which constitute 95 percent of the volume of the earth's crust, are made up of a bare handful of silicate minerals.
. малых размеров; невысокий; незначительный; ограниченное количество
• Although the time-resolution is modest, this ...
см. не иметь значения невелик
см. недолго существовать
• Here is dependability and versatility that is almost beyond belief (or unbelievable, or incredible).
• These calculations would be impracticable (or impossible, or impractical, or unfeasible) without optical computing.
. если это невозможно; нельзя; почти невозможно; практически невозможно; трудно или даже ...
. исключаться; практически невозможный
• The switch makes possible heretofore impracticable (or unfeasible, or impossible) applications of ...
. видимый невооружённым глазом; звёзды, видимые невооружённым глазом
• The observations were made by the unaided (or ...
USAGE: невоспламеняемый (антон. воспламеняемый)
• The cutting fluid is nonflammable (антон. flammable).
• This may be attributed to a failure of the above assumption.
• Carbon dioxide is an inert gas at moderate temperatures.
• The nonflammable (or noncombustible) gas was introduced as an arc-extinguishing medium.
• Mount Pelee lies a short distance from the city of St. Pierre.
см. иметь короткий срок службы; существовать недолго
• In high-performance systems, c0/r0 = 0.98 may well be intolerable.
• If the hole will be exposed, the chipped edge cannot be tolerated (or is impermissible).
• No leaks ...
• The instrument is moderately (or reasonably) priced (or inexpensive, or not expensive).
• The machine is of moderate cost.
• Because of an oversight in construction, the shells were ...
. обладать недостатком
• What was lacking (or missing) in the mutants was a protein that has ...
• The accounts of these observers fall somewhat short of objectivity.
. дефект; достоинства и недостатки; серьёзный недостаток; страдать недостатком; устранять ...
. мало; не хватать
• The nearby islands are inadequate to give the harbour full protection from the seas.
• Vegetable proteins are deficient in amino acid ...
• The region very near the wall has not been adequately explored (or investigated, or studied).
• The mechanism of the process is as yet imperfectly (or little) ...
. обладать недостатком
• Deficient air supply is indicated by ...
• The rate of response of the conventional synchronizing system is quite often ...
• The cost of placing transmission systems underground is prohibitive.
• Such toughness levels previously were beyond the reach of iron foundry products.
. в недрах земли
• The interior of the Earth (or The Earth's interior) contains an appreciable amount of ...
• This is undesirable from the corrosion standpoint.
• To reduce unwanted (or undesirable) side effects, ...
• The two sidebands, one wanted and the other unwanted, can be separated.
• Delays of this order would be ...
• Navigation equipment operates totally independent of terrestrial navigation aids.
• The thickness of the coils was recorded independently of the gaugemeter from a contact ...
независимо от того
. будь он ... или нет; будь то
• However old the earth might be, many events had to be included in its history.
• Combustion is the burning of any ...
независимо от того, из какого
• "Single-ion" properties are often of importance without regard to the particular compound from which the ions were obtained.
• Although mathematics is sometimes called a science, it is usually distinguished from science by its relative independence from empirical considerations.
• The system is independent of power line variations.
• Length-independent losses ...
• Time-independent ...
• Initial tests showed that the hydraulic fluid systems remained contamination free (or uncontaminated).
• The fourth stand remains incomplete (or unfinished).
. лишь незначительно
• The surface temperature of the nebula would have increased moderately from 3,500 К to 4,000 K.
. лишь незначительный; небольшой
• The structural differences are of a minor nature.
• This component is present in minor (or insignificant) ...
. в силу необходимости; обязательно
• The steam cycle is necessarily less efficient than is theoretically possible.
• Such changes inevitably (or ...
• Solve the equation for the unknown terms.
. всегда; постоянно
• Excessive crankshaft speed invariably reduces engine life.
• Homonuclear diatomic molecules like H2, N2, and O2, necessarily have a zero ...
. оставаться неизменным; постоянный
• If the Hamiltonian is invariant under the transformation, ...
. оставаться неиспользованным
• In this way the country will be able to exploit untapped (or unutilized) coal deposits.
• The continental margins ...
. выявление неисправностей; ненормальность в работе; устранять дефект
• A malfunction in the lines of hydraulic ...
• This allows quick replacement of a faulty (or defective, or an inoperative) system by standardized standby thermometers.
• Mapping in previously unexplored parts of the country ...
• An unexhaustible supply of solar energy ...
• Provided that the Jacobian is non-vanishing, the equation may be solved to obtain ...
• A selection of practical applications is given in Table 5.
• Certain of the reactions discussed are specific to only one functional group.
• Certain of the amino acids may undergo structural changes ...
некоторые сведения о
• Something of the nature and importance of these molecular properties will be mentioned afterwards.
. в некотором смысле
• Radar can provide a degree of information about the size of raindrops and hailstones.
• The size of the hole has always been something ...
• Cylinder liners which are out-of-round can be remachined.
• For unalloyed iron the greater grain growth seems to occur above ...
• It is not (an) easy (matter) to reconstruct ...
см. невозможно; этого нельзя сказать о
• If the hole is to be exposed, the chipped edge cannot be tolerated (or is impermissible).
нельзя отличить от
. никак нельзя отличить от
• The eggs of most species are indistinguishable from those of other insects.
• The effects of gravity on masses and ...
• The importance of this cannot be overemphasized (or overestimated, or overrated, or overstated) (or cannot be too strongly emphasized).
немедленно отразиться на
• The availability of continuously tunable lasers has had an immediate impact on chemical implications.
• The water level is slightly (or somewhat) below the level of the spray jet.
• The capacity was only a trifle (разг.) over half of ...
• Such assemblies are few in number (or few and far between).
ненормальность в работе
• Air leaking into the pump from any source is likely to cause erratic running (or faulty performance).
• To remove the unneeded core, ...
• Molecules of nonvanishing (or nonzero) size ...
• In that case () for any not zero is ...
• Distinct from zero (or nontrivial, or nonzero).
• Useful results may be developed from raw (or untreated, or unprocessed) experimental data.
. совершенно необходим; требоваться
• Cobalt is required in small amounts by plants and animals.
• In science, as opposed to pure philosophy, ...
• Consideration of the ordered array of atoms or ions is basic to an understanding of the results.
• Complex numbers are necessary to the mathematical treatment.
. для этого необходим; когда это необходимо; нужно; следует
• There is a need to examine the significance of ...
• If ...
• It needs to be ascertained if these acids are actually requisite for protein synthesis.
необходимо особенно подчеркнуть, что
• It cannot be too highly stressed (or It should be particularly emphasized) that the rate at which metal can be removed is largely dependent on ...